Well, this is not Coconut Curry Beef Noodles, but somewhat similar. I skipped the coconut milk though, so hmmm.. guess this is a pretty healthy dish. To all noodle fans, here’s a simple curry noodle recipe to satisfy your taste buds.
What you need:
- 4 red onions, half a clove of garlic and about an inch size of ginger – finely chopped.
- Chicken – cut into small pieces. Coat them with turmeric powder and salt.
- Fish balls, fish cakes, shrimps and cockles – optional, but seriously, cockles add a distinct taste to the dish.
- Curry powder – mix both meat and fish curry powder with water (6 tbs of meat curry powder and 2 tbs of fish curry powder).
- Chicken stock or chicken cubes – optional.
- Some veggies – tofu puff, choy sum and bean sprouts.
- Water and salt.
- Stir fry the finely chopped ingredients with oil for 2 – 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and continue frying.
- Add in shrimps. I remove the shrimps off the pot after a 1 – 2 minutes of stirring else they’ll get overcooked.
- Add in the curry mixture when the chicken is golden brown.
- Stir until the aroma permeates the air.
- Add 2 cups of water or better, chicken stock. If you don’t have chicken stock, you can add some chicken cubes to enhance the flavour.
- Add in fish balls, fish cakes, tofu puff and whatnot. Tofu puff is excellent in soupy dishes, because they will absorb the soup and due to its very spongy texture, the juice will just squirt in your mouth when you eat them. Oh my, heaven.
- Add more water/chicken stock and salt according to your taste.
- Leave it to boil.
- As for the veggies, they can be added along with the tofu puff and all, but I prefer to have them boiled separately in salt water for just a couple of minutes to retain their nutrients and colour.
Serves: 6 or more.
Quote of the day: A woman’s place is in the kitchen, telling her man how she likes her steak.